I offer a combination of therapeutic Massage*, Hakomi, John Barnes myofascial release, Reiki, Reconnective healing, and therapeutic yoga (personalized stretching). As a Hakomi practitioner, I use the five principles of Hakomi as a groundwork for all massage healing sessions.
The Five Hakomi Principles
- Mindfulness allows for a deeper understanding of your body and mind. The first Hakomi principle opens the door to a more holistic level of healing.
- Non-Violence creates a setting of safety that invokes a deep relaxation of all your soft tissues.
- Mind-body holism sets the tone for keeping the relaxation with you and integrating it into your day-to-day life.
- Unity is about treating the body mind and spirit holistically, this Hakomi principle recognizes the unity of all life. It acknowledges that we are all connected by our humanity and our interdependence.
- Organicity respects and honors the body’s natural intelligence, and brings the mind, body and spirit back into a state of balance and harmony.
Hakomi therapy is simple yet powerful approach to body work. It brings healing beyond your muscles by freeing you from the deeper holding patterns that started the tension in the first place. Hakomi therapy begins the process of unraveling the places where we feel stuck in life, uncovering the true state of health, and incorporating those healthy changes into your life.
Learn more about the significance of the Hakomi Principles at the Hakomi Institute’s website.
Rates are as follows:
1 hour session: $115
90 min session: $155
All private sessions are the same price and include GST.
*Please check with your insurance provider to see if they cover massage therapy, if you are in doubt as to if your insurance provider can reimburse you, feel free to call me prior to your session time for my RMT number. RMT number is also provided on your official receipt. Insurance claims are welcome.