Join us for a 4-day intensive this September to upgrade your yoga training with functional movement and mindful strength!
- Would you like to add mindful isometric strengthening components to your yoga classes?
- Are you interested in teaching your students functional movements that will serve them in their everyday life?
- Do you want to help your students achieve their fitness goals while also remaining trauma-informed?
- Have you heard of biotensegrity and wonder how this concept relates to the strength and function of your own body?
- Are you interested in deepening your understanding of polyvagal theory and how to incorporate it into your yoga classes?
- Are you interested in becoming more trauma-sensitive in your yoga teaching and empowering your students to discover their own resilience?
This certification will cover all these topics and more!
This 50-hour certification can be used as a standalone certificate program for yoga teachers, or as Part Two of the Advanced Myofascial Yoga and Biotensegrity 300-hour YA registered yoga certification program.
The information in this workshop is particularly valuable these days, as modern yoga often emphasizes extreme flexibility which, when not balanced with strengthening practices, can cause injury. During this workshop you will learn the importance of appropriate mobility balanced with functional strength, and how to teach with this in mind.
By the end of this 4-day training, you will feel confident in:
- Teaching the principles of biotensegrity to your students
- Understanding the concept and importance of functional movements
- Cueing appropriate ranges of movement for various body types, including hypermobile populations
- Strengthening efficiently and safely with progressive loading in yoga poses
- Integrating mindfulness and the connection between the brain, nervous system, and movement
- Balancing strength and flexibility to support your lifestyle and teaching your students to do the same
Dates and Times
Dates: April 20 – 23, 2023
10 am – 12:00 pm (discussion and practice of functional movement via Zoom and/or guest teacher presentation)
12:00 – 1:30 pm (lunch break)
1:30 – 3:30 pm (PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical applications of the content, with break out rooms)
3:30 – 5:00 pm (guided practice)
Online Platform: Zoom
Regular rate — Sliding scale to account for our challenging times $299 – $899
*Disclaimer: The yoga therapy components of myofascial yoga are based on my expertise as a Myofascial Release Therapist and RMT, and are not derived from our status as an RYS with Yoga Alliance Registry.
Some partial scholarships are available, click here to apply. Read our refund policy here.
A bit more about our teachers:
Christine Wushke Is a yoga therapist with 28 years of experience, as well as a certified functional trainer. She will teach you how to gain a deeper understanding of functional movements and their importance in maintaining and improving our overall physical and mental health. She will also introduce you to the principles of biotensegrity as a resilience model and help you understand how to apply these principles to your yoga practice.
Chris Clancy is an expert in the field of biotensegrity and has trained extensively with Dr. Levin, the creator of biotensegrity, himself.
Joanne Avision is a world-renowned fascia expert and author of the book yoga fascia anatomy and movement. She will be teaching us fascia-based posture profiling and how to track students for appropriate range of movement.
Dr. Arielle Schwartz is an expert in polyvagal theory and has written multiple books on trauma-sensitive yoga.