If you are an anatomy geek or fascia lover, this workshop is for you!
During this weekend intensive we will cover basic myofascial anatomy and how it pertains to yoga, biotensegrity and functional movement. We will discuss fascia theory, while also devoting a portion of class time to exploring this knowledge experientially with exercises in embodied anatomy.
This workshop can be used toward the 200-hour Myofascial Yoga teacher training, or as continuing education credits with Yoga Alliance.
Topics covered will include:
- Basic human anatomy as it pertains to a functional yoga practice.
- Properties of fascia as a holistic system, including collagen and elastin, as well as the polysaccharide gel complex (aka the extracellular matrix).
- Mechanotransduction- how using gentle pressure in yoga poses affects the body on a cellular level.
- Viscoelasticity- how this property is relevant to the body’s continuously changing shape.
- Embodied anatomy- how to convert the science into movement and the felt experience of tissue continuity.
- Basic biomechanics of movement- how healthy alignment depends on properly distributed fascia.
- Molecular and bioelectrical structures of fascia, as well as energy anatomy. Can the ancient meridian system be found within the fascial system?
Dates: October 29th 2023
Hours: Saturday and Sunday, 10 am to 1 pm (Mountain) live on Zoom
Self-Study Content: 6 hours self-paced video, audio and other self-study and practice guides are unlocked upon registration for each module.
Platform: Zoom (click here to receive the login info)
Phone: 403-701-9567 (text messages are welcome)
Winter Sale Investment: Sliding scale fee $85 – $265* (regular $99 – $333*)
*Workshops during the pandemic are being offered at a sliding scale fee. Please feel free to select a payment option that suits your current situation.
Register here (regular price):